This Website is owned and maintained by NRG Energy Inc. ("NRG") (the “Company,” “us,”, or “we”).This policy (“Policy”) describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit this website www.poweringchoice.org (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. Please be advised that the practices described in this Policy apply only to information gathered online on this Website. They do not apply to information that you may submit to us offline or to websites maintained by other companies or organizations to which we may own and operate.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our practices regarding your information and how we treat it. This Policy may change from time to time (see Policy Changes). Your continued use of this Website or after we make changes is understood as your acknowledgment of those changes, so please check the Policy periodically for updates.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details (“usage details”).
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms on our Website.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site including usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies (see Automatic Data Collection Technologies).
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
We use third party analytics service providers, including but not limited to Google Analytics, to better understand how users use our Website. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, automatic data collection technologies are used by us and our analytics providers to collect usage details about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Like many websites and online services, the technologies we use for this automatic data collection includes “cookies” and other tracking technologies such as web beacons and pixel tabs (collectively “Automatic Data Collection Tools”), which are used to personalize your use of our Website and to provide you with a better and faster user experience. We may use “session cookies” (cookies that last until you close your browser) or “persistent cookies” (cookies that last until you or your browser delete them).
Online behavioral advertising is automated, customized advertising that you see when using online services, like ads in mobile applications or on websites. Those ads are served to you based on inferences about your interests. Those interests are determined from data collected about you, whether by us or other parties. If you do not wish to participate in interest-based advertising via third party advertising networks or to opt out of the use of certain tracking technologies, click here and follow the simple opt-out process.
Certain browsers may offer you the option of providing notice to websites that you do not wish for your online activities to be tracked for preference-based advertising purposes (referred to as “Do Not Track Signals” or “DNT Notice”). Unfortunately, given the lack of standardization among browsers and interest-based advertising technology, DNT Notices may not effectively accomplish this goal. For this and a variety of other reasons we do not take any particular action based on browser based DNT Notices.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our Website users and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our initiatives and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Choices About How We Use Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Correspondence from Us. If you do not wish to receive information from us, you can send us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by sending us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of and sharing of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, please review our Privacy Notice for California Residents.
Retention of Your Personal Data
We will retain, use, and store your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for or for as long as it is permitted or required by law or regulation; to comply with our business requirements and objectives, and legal and regulatory obligations; to mitigate and resolve disputes; and to enforce our agreements. If these purposes no longer apply, we will destroy, deidentify, or anonymize the information in accordance with our internal policies and applicable law.
Protecting your information is a top priority, and we have implemented physical, administrative, and technical safeguards and security measures we consider reasonable and appropriate to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. However, the internet and electronic communications always involve risks to personal information and safeguards cannot prevent all loss, misuse or alteration of personal information. In the event your information is compromised, we will notify you in the most expedient time reasonable under the circumstances and where required under law.
Links to Other Websites
The Website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins, services, social networks, or applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow the third party to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services. We encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Use of Website by Children
Our Website is not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children without parental consent. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the applicable age of consent without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may update our Policy from time to time. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Policy on this page. You are advised to review this Policy periodically for any changes. Changes to this Policy are effective when they are posted on this page.
- By email: email@example.com
- By mail: The Power of Many Grant Program
910 Louisiana St.
Houston Texas 77002
If you have any questions about this Policy, you can contact us: